Monday, June 4, 2007

day before weigh in!!!

I am scared to get on that scale tomorrow morning. I seem to do pretty well during the week and then over the weekend I feel like I blow it. I had ice cream on Friday and Saturday. Once would have been ok, but twice!?!? My husband suggested that we go and I was really frustrated because I didn't want to say no to him because he was having a really bad day. We then talked about how he wants to eat when he gets depressed. So yes we talked about that issue but we still ate our ice cream.

He has also been trying to lose weight the past few months. His doctor told him he had to change his lifestyle or he would have to take medicine for high cholesterol/blood pressure and would eventually become diabetic. He was riding his stationary bike or going to the gym every day. We went out of town for a weekend and the cycle was broken and he's not made it a daily priority anymore. Not only does the exercise help him physically but it really makes a difference mentally for him - it's a good stress release.

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Doesn't the ice cream store have sherbet or anything lowfat? Maybe that could be a solution. I have found a few places that have really yummy chocolate frozen (softserve) yogurt that is fat free. :-)